Parish Council Minutes February 2018

Bledington Parish Council

Minutes of the meeting on 5th February 2018 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall

Attending:

Councilors Mr. R Pearson (Chair), Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr. A Tait, Mr. B Ball, Mr. S Tyack, Mrs. R Pawley, together with Mrs. A. Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: County Councilor N Moor, District Councillor J Beale and Mr. N Jackson

Public:  2 

Meeting opened at 8.00 pm

Mr. Pearson introduced and welcomed Mrs. Christine Allen the prospective new Parish Clerk who will observe proceedings.

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr. M Newton and seconded by Mr. S Tyack that the minutes of the meeting of 15th January 2018 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair)

2.    Matters Arising:

Notice Boards –  Mr. Tyack will complete this when time and weather allow.

Kissing gate –  Mr. Pearson is waiting for a callback from the footpath warden.

Second Defibrillator –  Mr. Newton reported that the second defibrillator has now been delivered and now the former phone box needs to be prepared ready for the cabinet and defibrillator to be fitted and connected to the electricity supply. Mr. Tyack reported that he has spoken to a local electrician who has agreed to carry out the connection. Once this is all complete the original defibrillator will be repositioned on the outside wall of the Village Hall.

H Gibbs bench –  Mr. Newton reported that the bench was due for delivery on the 12th February, it will then be positioned on the Village Green when the weather is more suitable.

Thames Water –  Mr. Pearson will telephone Saville’s to obtain an update on the progress of the new lease.

Church Paths –  Mr. Pearson has not yet spoken to the Churchwardens but will do so.

Little Lane –  Mr. Pearson reported that the contractors will be carrying out this work in the very near future.

Bus shelter seat –  This was discussed, and it was decided that Mr. Paul Jones will be engaged to carry out this work.

Play Equipment -  Mr. Newton has not yet had time to investigate this matter but will do so in the near future.

3.    Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr. B Ball and seconded by Mrs. R Pawley that the following payments should be made:

Cardiac Science         Defibrillator                  £1866.00

Glos Playing Fields     Subscription                £50.00

W A Pearson               Tree works                  £350.00

4.    Correspondence:

An email was received from Vanessa Lawrence the auditor appointed by GAPTC listing the requirements needed for the April audit.

The Big Feastavil sent an invitation to a meeting on 18th April at the British Legion Hall in Kingham. Mrs. R Pawley will attend on behalf of the Parish Council.

5.    Community Led Planning

It was decided that our reply would be that the Parish Council had considered but rejected doing a Neighbourhood plan.

6.    Planning:

A Full application 17/04351/FUL for external alterations to existing outbuildings and removal of trees at Barn Cottage. This was discussed and as there were no objections from the neighbours or the Parish Council a decision of no adverse comment will be lodged with the Planning Authority.

7.    Adjournment for questions from the Public:

A member of the public commented on the mess and disruption caused by the contractors laying the fibre optic cables. Mr. Pearson replied that the Parish Council had not been informed of the works so consequently had no input, it was decided that the Clerk should write to Gigaclear to outline our concerns.

8.    Any other Business:

Mrs. Pawley asked if we should set a date for our annual litter pick, it was decided to arrange this working party for Saturday 17th march at 11am. Mr. Newton will arrange the bags and equipment and Mr. Ball will prepare a poster and e-mail.

Mr. Ball asked whether the new School Safety Zone is operational, it is generally thought that they are waiting for the telegraph pole to be repositioned before the new signs are connected.

Mr. Pearson asked if the Council are happy to engage Mr. Paul Jones for this year’s grass cutting, this was discussed, and it was agreed to engage him for 2018, the price will be kept the same as 2017. The Clerk will prepare a new contract and present it at the March meeting for approval.

Mr. Pearson asked if the donation to the Villager Bus which was discussed and agreed at the December 2016 Parish Council meeting was to be an annual donation, the Clerk replied that this had subsequently been replaced by the donation from the Feastavil organisers. Mrs. Pawley stated that it was hoped that this will be an annual donation from them but will check when she attends the Feastavil meeting in April.

Meeting closed at 8.30pm

Date and Time of next Meeting: 5th March 2018

File Attachment: 

like0